Broadway is the heart of the American theater scene, with countless productions premiering each year to audiences from all over the world. From timeless classics to brand new works, Broadway has something to offer for everyone. The upcoming 2022 season is already causing a buzz in the theater community, with a mix of highly-anticipated broadway shows 2022 set to premiere and beloved favorites returning to the stage. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the most exciting Broadway shows coming in 2022 and give you a preview of what to expect from the upcoming season.
Most Anticipated Broadway shows 2022
- “The Music Man” – This classic musical, set in the small town of River City in 1912, follows the story of con man Harold Hill as he poses as a boys’ band organizer and leader, promising to teach the town’s children how to play instruments and form a band. But his plans to skip town with the cash are foiled when he falls for the town librarian and piano teacher. With a score by Meredith Willson and a book by Willson and Franklin Lacey, “The Music Man” features such classic songs as “Ya Got Trouble,” “Goodnight, My Someone,” and “Till There Was You.”
- “Ain’t Too Proud” – This new musical tells the untold story of The Temptations, one of the most successful groups in music history. With a book by Dominique Morisseau, choreography by Sergio Trujillo, and a score featuring the group’s greatest hits, “Ain’t Too Proud” takes audiences on a journey through the life and career of the legendary group, from the streets of Detroit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- “Flying Over Sunset” – Written by James Lapine, with music and lyrics by Tom Kitt and Michael Korie, this new musical takes place in the late 1950s and early 1960s, following three individuals in search of transcendence: Clare Boothe Luce, a feminist playwright and former congresswoman; Cary Grant, a Hollywood icon; and Aldous Huxley, a celebrated author. Each is experimenting with the mind-bending drug LSD and seeking answers to life’s biggest questions.
- “Hamilton” – Lin-Manuel Miranda’s revolutionary musical about the life of Alexander Hamilton continues to be one of the hottest tickets on Broadway. With a score that blends hip-hop, R&B, and traditional show tunes, and a cast made up of a diverse group of actors, “Hamilton” has taken the theater world by storm since its premiere in 2015.
- “The Lion King” – Disney’s award-winning musical adaptation of the beloved animated film continues to delight audiences of all ages. With stunning visuals and a score by Elton John and Tim Rice, “The Lion King” is a must-see for any theatergoer.
- “The Light” – Written and directed by Samuel D. Hunter, this play follows a group of employees at a failing Christian theme park in Idaho as they struggle with the end of their jobs and the end of their beliefs.
- “The Sound Inside” – Written by Adam Rapp, this play tells the story of a creative writing professor and her relationship with a talented but mysterious student. With a powerful script and thought-provoking themes, “The Sound Inside” is sure to be a standout production in the off-Broadway scene.
The 2022 season on Broadway is shaping up to be one of the most exciting in recent memory
the gorila is news magazine . gorila magazine will upload general news ,fashion ,tech,halth,business etc post
contact for author firstname.lastname@example.org